Friday we headed over at the same time. I have hurt my knee so I have this brace on it. I was a bit worried I couldn't walk but this brace helped. Started out with breakfast and a shuttle to the 18th hole. We are professionals now so we know where to go.
Leaderboard that was on our hole. It was fun to watch the board change. I thought everyone had one on their hole. Nope, we did because I think we were the last hole.
This is Max Homa. He is one of the more prominant PGA players that showed up for the tournament. He is also one of Mark's favorite players.
Tony Finau was also a prominant player. He is from Rose Park, just down the street from my house. He hit a drive on our hole, that went ot into the lava rocks, then bounced back in the fairway. THEN his second shot, we heard this loud noise from the gallery. He hit is second shot and hit the roof of the gallery right behind us and bounced somewhere behind it. This photo is the relief he got from his wild shot. I was that close to him. He was deciding what to do. He did have a really great line to the green from there.
Tony on the green
He ended up taking two putts. I thought for sure he would have a double bogie or more. Nope he took a par. He didn't make the cut or Saturday play however. He finished -2 and you needed -5 to stay for the weekend.
Here's his wife doing her social media thing at the tournaments. I don't think his kids go to school
If you look closely, you can see a ball stuc in or chair thing. Sandra and I took our stuff and moved out of the way and let the Rules official decide the call. It was just a drop a club length away.
We ended up going to Culver's on or way home and then we went to the hot tub to rest or aching bones. We are old. Great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment