Sunday, August 18, 2024

Getting Ready for Nick


Saw this on his messenger.  Guess he is ready to go

Got the letter that Nick is arriving home on August 18.  Yep the first day of school for me.  I talked to my principal and yes I'll be there to pick him up.  I scheduled my favorite Sub too.


We have been getting ready for a while.  

We got him a new bed, and I cleaned up my stuff that has been in his room for the past 2 years.


Brooke had Lindsay's kids make posters for him.  That is Carter


Brooke made an announcement paper for him.  Notice the Axe :)   Grandma didn't like the Clemdawg part.  She didn't think it was good.  But Andrew pointed out that that we aren't even suppose to have a shindig after the meeting.  Grandma didn't believe him.  Yep thats true the Prophet said to not do a get together after the meeting.  (Long time ago)


 Nick in his last few days getting my favorite ice cream at the convenience store


I checked out grandma's back yard for shade.  Yes we are good on Shade at 1:00 for Nick's social after he speaks.



Gotta move the BBQ though


Andrew killing a wasp nest the size of a grapefruit in the rose bush at grandma's.  He is super afraid of wasps.  

We got another car and we scheduled his dental and Neurology appt.  Whew we are ready.

We headed to the airport at 8:00 am for his 10:00 am arrival.  We can't be too early.  We didn't even get a handicapped parking for the grandma.  She had to walk.



Brooke is getting the Wonton ready to head into the airport.  Fun fact (I think) the airport is dog friendly.



Here we are waiting for Nick in the waiting area for passengers. 


The Ton is ready to see Nick


Jack even missed work



Those are the doors the missionary will come through and turn to the left to greet the family in the waiting area.  There is a guy on the other side telling the missionaries to enter through that door.  




Those are the posters Lynsays kids made for Nick.  



Marti and Jack and Brooke are witing for Nick to come throgh those doors...


He is HOME!










 







No comments:

Post a Comment