Thursday, June 27, 2024

Father's Day

 Father's Day is one of my favorite holidays.  Mostly because it requires NO work for me anymore.  My dad is dead and I am not married so there is NO obligation to anyone.  However, Brooke and ty came over and bought me some flowers for Father's day and some Reeces (spelling) from Trader Joes and left me the nicest note for Father's day.  



I absolutely LOVE that they think of me on Father's Day.  Being the Mom and the Dad was very hard but it was my favorite thing.  Well, being the mom was.  They have all turned out so great in spite of their less than desireable upbringing.  :)  


I do feel bad for my children that they don't really have a dad.  I mean, he texts them and stuff and sends them money I think, but they certainly have missed out of having a good dad be part of their lives like most kids.  Like I did.   I think that creates a void.  Nick and Jack make jokes about it, (like Come Follow Me is for families with dads)  but I think deep down they feel bad.  I feel bad.  I can't change it.  I just wish it had been different.



No comments:

Post a Comment