Monday, April 4, 2016

My body is Failing Me



Image result for kneeA year ago, I got some bad news that my knee is shot.  It has to do with no cartlige (don't know how to spell that) and how my legs hang and rub on the cartilage...(genetics - my mother has it too)  anyway, I had surgery and have been feeling good, until this past 6 months.  They have been getting worse.  They hurt all the time.  It is hard to work...I am on my feet most of the day.  I got an injection on Friday (three days ago) that is a series of 3 shots that might help.  They work for 50% of the people....they didn't work for my mother so I am assuming they won't work for me, but they are worth a try.  The Dr worked very hard to get my insurance to pay for them.  Two more injections to go...he said I might not see results until a few weeks after the last injection.  So here's hoping.

Update:  June 14, 2016

So far, the shots have been fabulous!!  I have felt soo much better in my knee.  The rest of my body hurts but the knee is much better!  I hope I can have them for a LONG time to put off the replacement as long as I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment