Saturday, June 7, 2014

Poverty is exausting

I was thinking yesterday that Poverty is very exhausting.  Really.  When you are poverty stricken, I think of all the time and effort and energy worrying.  Worrying about how to make ends meet.  How I am going to provide food, shelter, a car, education and all those other activities on my limited income.  Then I'm always chasing around how can I find something cheaper or where can we shop for cheap stuff.  I would like to just go to Costco and pile the groceries in.  They have very good Stuff and easy.  But I have to be VERY careful.  I have to only buy a few things at once to see how much I really have.  I spend soo much time worrying.  Like right now.  I'm worrying about how we are going to survive for the rest of the month on about 700.00.  NOT very much money.  I try to provide because I see Jr high kids at school who's parents don't provide much or they don't have anything to keep them busy like sports or whatever, and they are trouble.  So I try to make sure we aren't having teenagers running all over because they are bored.  But its hard.  If I could give any advice to my children (who are not reading this I'm sure or anyone else) is to go to college and get a good job.  One that will pay a decent income.  Because it will eliminate a HUGE amount of stress in your life.  Huge amount.  And how much better your life can be when you are able to enjoy the nicer things that are only allowed on a decent income. 


No comments:

Post a Comment