Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bells Canyon

So, every summer, I decide we need to go hiking.  One summer we went like 3 times.  I had to go alone which makes me nervous...so then I ask Michelle and we decide we need to go and then we never We tried that option last summer.  SOO this summer, we started out with a Hike.  McKenna said she thought Bells Canyon was a good hike.  So, Brooke, Maureen, Michelle, McKenna and Jack went on a hike.  It was a pretty good hike.  It was uphill, then we arrived at a reservoir that was beautiful.  Some people were there fishing.  I thought staying and fishing would be a great idea...or just sitting watching people fish...but No, we had to forge on to this waterfall...we heard the water and kept on.  We kept asking people about the hike and they said it was 'aggressive' or a bit steep.  So, we hiked and hiked and we never seemed to get any closer.  So, jack and I decided we had gone enough.  The terrain was rough and I had to make sure I had enough energy to get down.  I thought I was on the HIllary step on mount Everest...I had to get down too...We decided to turn around. 




















We sat at the bridge and waited for them.  It was a beautiful stream.  Little Cottonwood creek.  It was fast moving and early in the season so it had a lot of water.  It was kindof chilly.  So, finally, we see them coming down and join up with them.  They decided to run down lots of it.  I decided if I walked down that would be good.  We finally made it down.  It took us like 4 hours start to finish.  It was really fun, and I hope we are going again on another hike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment