Thursday, January 29, 2015

I cannot get ahead...

So, when I titled that post a while ago.  I have been frustrated because very month i am over drawn, and it seems i'm saying 'oh next month, I won't have all of these expenses'.  Dec was Christmas, Jan I had to register my car, so February was my month.  Plus February is only 28 days long so three less days so I thought February i can make it to the end without overdrawing or having to use my savings...

Well, January along with registering my car, I had to have surgery.  I went to the Doctor on a Monday and had surgery on Tuesday.  When I was talking to the Surgical Center to get my instructions, they said 'oh and you need to bring $2600 with you for your copay'.  OH.  What?  I didn't have that...so I talked to the boss.  He said i could pay cash, and get a 20% discount...right.  Or, bring half which was $1300 and I could make the rest in 6 payments.  Oh, that put the payments MORE than my car payment.  So, I did take in some money and had surgery.  I got set up for the payment plan.  He did say if I got the cash together by the end of the month, he would still give me the cash discount.  I would work on that.  Well, My dad heard I was short on money.  So he said he would help me out some.  He did.  He gave me $500.  He said he would help me, but I really thought he would forget.  (he is forgetful now...)  But NO.  I got a check for
$500 bucks.  Yahoo.  So thoughtful, so unnecessary and soo appreciated.  He is always thoughtful like that.

It was almost the end of the month so I needed to figure out my bill.

I got some more from my savings, and went over there to pay another $1100 so I could get the cash discount.  The girl says well, you owe one fifty five.  DANG.  I owe 1500....She said 'oh wait' and walked away for a minute.  I'm thinking its MORE than $1500.  She come back and says  its $155 to pay your bill in full.  WHAT???  She said it wasn't as much as it was quoted because the doc didn't need to do all he thought he would need to do.  I about kissed her.   I paid my $155 and left.  So grateful that it worked out and I didn't have to pay the other $900.  So really that is a huge blessing.  Just when I feel sorry for myself, I end up having enough money.  Once again, things worked out.   I typed the title of this blog WAY before the end part of the bill.  So, maybe I can get ahead....

Until i went to the Dentist in February.  I have to have a root canal and a crown.  I was walking out of the office and 'oh that will be $440'.  .  .  .   my tooth really did hurt $440 dollars worth however...
The dentist did give me some antibiotics AND 24 Lortab.

No comments:

Post a Comment