Sunday, August 16, 2015

Back to School Dinner

I have these two friends that have back to school dinners and introduce the family theme for the school year.  I feel bad that I'm not soo into spirituality 24/7.  So this year, we had dinner.  It was our favorite, Chicken and potatoes and green beans in a pan with butter and Italian salad dressing mix poured over the top.  We also had corn on the cob.  We also had a dessert that is called something like chocolate pie.  It is crust on the bottom and then chocolate pudding and whipped cream on top.  We ate dinner and then decided our theme would be the theme for the Young Women a few years ago, 'Be Strong and of a good Courage'.  I LOVE that scripture.  I have thought about that when it as the Young Women's theme about my own life.  Be Strong and of a Good Courage.  Do what is right.  All the Time.  Love it.  We didn't have Father's blessings like my friend Rebecca has with her children, but we did sit around and chat about all the things we need for the coming school year.

Calculators, back packs, school fees, clothes.  We chatted about Soccer for Abi, since she just made the Bountiful High Soccer team.  And Football for Andrew since he is playing football for Bountiful High this year.  We are definitely 'Home of the Brave' at our house.  hahaha  Bountiful high's mascot is the Brave.  I love that ending line to the National Anthem.  "and the home of the Brave'.

I also went to Bountiful High School.  Weird that now my children are attending my same school.  You would think that I really liked High School.  Nope.  Hated it.  Its weird to go to Bountiful High for functions after I have graduated 30 years ago.  Yes, 1985 I graduated.  I can't wait to watch my Braves in action on the field.  WAY TO GO!


1 comment: