Thursday, September 8, 2016

Rootbeer and blue cards

I made rootbeer with my students on Friday.  It was a measuring lab that the students converted the amouts in English units to metric.  Then they used the Metric units to make Rootbeer.  If their Rootbeer was good, then they converted and measured correctly.  I bought way too much dry ice.  I hate to be short for just a few dollars, and my first class to do Rootbeer is around 11:00. I had to make it last for a while,  Anyway, I was a bit stingy this time with dry ice...the less dry ice in their pitcher, the less likely to have it inside someone's mouth.  Anyway, the dry ice lasted until Sunday.  So today, we used what was left and made homemade Rootbeer.




Fun fact.  Dry Ice can burn.  (well, it is like a burn.  It really freezes the skin which is similar to a burn)  Here is my burn I got from carrying the dry ice in from the car.  I had the bags resting on my arm.  The Dry Ice was Double bagged too.   This is on my forearm...an example of a bad example




On another note, Andrew was delivered this stack of blue cards today.  Hmm would have been nice to have them when we filled out all our paperwork for the Eagle Scout award...




No comments:

Post a Comment