Saturday, June 10, 2017

Summer Projects

I am not teaching Summer school this year.  So I have lots of time to get my house in order.

My first project was to clean the family room.  Well, I did most of it.  I removed TWO huge bags of garbage or HUD as we like to call it.  That is totally embarrassing.  But so glad they are gone.  Cleaned the blinds, and the sliding door.  Cleaned the baseboards and the fireplace.  Still working on the bookcase.  But it is so much nicer with all that trash out.  My friend Rebecca would be so proud of me!


I also removed a bunch of boxes too.  


This is a lame one but I cleaned out the fridge.  One has to wonder how come it doesn't happen more often.  Okay well, I know why.  Also, I changed the light bulb.   How is that for handy.  It is a such a great experience to open it and see all the clean and see the light on.







I also fixed this light switch thing.  It had a short, and so I took it off and fixed it and put it back together.  Viola, a lamp that works. I didn't want to buy a new one!!



How is that for saving money and not adding to the landfill.


Another project I tackled today was cleaning out the pipes under the sink in my bathroom.  It was the worst project soo far.  Maybe the most fufilling because of how gross it was.






This was discusting.  I had black sludge in the pipes that I had to clean out.  I unhooked the P trap, and cleaned that, and I also removed and cleaned out the goose neck pipe that connects to the wall. Then, after I got it put back together (I was impressed I got it back correctly with no leaks so far), I poured baking soda down and let it sit for a while.  Then you add one cup of white vinegar and let it foam.  I have done this before and it came right up into the sink.  This time, however, it stayed down in the drain.  That means I cleaned out all the junk and the fizzing could go lower and clean out lower.  Home Depot will probably call me for a job.

Speaking about Home Depot, I also fixed my door handle on the shower door.  Jack opened the door and the handle just broke off.  I looked in all the stores and didn't have one.  So ordered one online.  6.00 for shipping.  Hate paying shipping.  Get it in the mail, and it does't fit.  dang.  So look for a bigger one, and look at Home Depot.com and they had one for $5.50 and no shipping if I picked it up.  Ordered it in the evening and it was there in the am.  I installed it in less than about 4 minutes and it works great.









No comments:

Post a Comment