Saturday, June 24, 2017

A New Ice Maker

I should just add this to my other post about Summer Projects.  However, I have impressed myself more than usual this time...

We have been without an Ice maker for like 5 years.  It broke and I just assumed it was very expensive to fix and I would have to hire a plumber.  I thought I heard someone say that it was like 350 to fix theirs.  So we made ice in trays.  Kindo the old fashioned way...

So, Nick asks if we can get it fixed.  I thought sure.  I started looking it up and found that replacement ice makers are not that expensive...then I thought maybe I could install it.  So, I ordered one from Home Depot and waited about a week for delivery.  I watched about 10 Youtube videos and decided I could really do it.

The video said I needed Nut Driver to loosen these screws. I had to buy one of those. I didn't know what they were but good Lowe's had one.  5.00 for that part too.


Here is the replacement ice maker that I installed the silver bar.  


Here is my Youtube video So I could follow.  


The real necessary tools


This was behind the fridge..soo embarrassing.  But it is now cleaned up and shining.


This is the inside with the old out.  I couldn't see so I got a headlamp and turned it up so I could see. wow I am impressing myself so much.



And the best part?  It actually works now!!!  We have had about 5 batches of ice.  We threw them away since it says they will taste like stagnant water that was in the line.  Wow.  It was a total of 50.00!  Should have done it years ago.  However, I couldn't have figured it out back then.  


Tada!  New ice maker that works!


Here it is a few weeks later....still going strong and a FULL bin of ice!


No comments:

Post a Comment