Saturday, December 4, 2021

A New Water Heater and MORE golf


I turned on the shower and the water was cold.  I thought Nick has used all the hot water finally.  We never run out of hot water.  But Nick does take LONG showers.

Then Jack said the shower was freezing.  Andrew texted me later and asked how the water was.

Well, The Water Heater stopped working.  Called the plumber and he could come at 6:30 am the following morning.  

Based on what everyone said it was probably a Thermocoupler. I called the Rheem company and they said they would send me a new part based on what I said that the pilot light was out and wouldn't stay lit.  Andrew had to troubleshoot it over the phone with them.  

Not that helpful because the part wouldn't be there for like 4 days. I am NOT waiting for 4 days with cold water to save 40.00 on a part.   




This is what it looked like.  Pilot light is out so Andrew tried to restart it.  What I didn't notice is that the ground is wet under all that salt.  I thought it was overflow from the water softener.



First thing the plumber said that he planned on installing a thermocoupler but he said the water heater is leaking.  Which was obvious to me when I swept up all that junk and dust and salt.

This is the draining old water heater as the plumber went to get a new water heater at the store.  


So two hours and $1650.00 later we now have hot water.  

Yes hot water is worth 1600.  I'm charging everyone at my house 5.00 a shower.  


Here's the old one in the garage that he thinks Home Depot will give us some money for because it is under warranty.  

My favorite plumber, Malachi, was gone by 8:30 so Andrew and I decided to have some post water heater golf.  
We went to the Rose Park because it was one of the only places we could get on.  Plus we love the Rose Park



We played the back 9 because they could get us out soonest.  It was kindof difficult and not the best condition.  I scored 26 over...That was terrible.  Andrew was like 16 over.

Then we decided to play another 9 and played the front 9.  We like that much better.  I scored 17 over this time and Andrew did better. I can't remember his score.  But it was a fabulous day.  Beautiful weather which makes for fabulous golf.  :)  

So glad Andrew likes to golf with his mother.  It was so worth it to take the time off to golf.  My new mantra is that no one on their death bed wishes they would have saved their leave from work.  










No comments:

Post a Comment