Thursday, April 17, 2014

Den Mother and a funny

I was thinking right now that I haven't even posted anything about my current church calling.  Maybe because I'm soo busy with work and family that my church calling is kindof at the last minute all the time. I'm the 8 year old cub scout den mother.  I wanted to die when they asked me to be the den leader.  REALLY??  Cub Scouts?

but hey, its a weekday calling for an hour and they are 8 years old so how hard can it be? I also got the BEST partner.  We pair with another ward and she is the Bishop's wife.  She is excellent  Amy Frazier is her name.  So, a good partner I can do it.  Usually I feel like I get paired with people that don't want to work.  But this time, I think I'm the weaker link in the cub scout wolf den.  The boys are super cute.  We have about 5 that come regularly.  They are super wild but super cute and LOVE most of the things that we do.  Jack will be a Cub scout in a few weeks.  I have thought I need to document what we do each week so next year, we have the calling down what we did each week so we just need to copy stuff or gather stuff together instead of do all that AND invent the idea. 

I have really liked this calling.  I didn't want to teach primary each week or be in the nursery or Young Womens or on Homemaking committee.  So where else did I think I would be put.  I think I'll be here for a long time.  No one else would want me. 

I have also never taken a picture at scouts.  I guess I should start taking pictures so their parents can have them when their boys get their Eagle and they need to put together a slide show....

So, one funny thing.  Logan brought the treats and it was easter skittles.  Anyway, we were talking about having candy around our house.  He says 'well, when we have candy at our house, my mom just woofs it down'.  AHHHAHHA  soo funny.  I don't even know his mom but that's hilarious that he said that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment