Monday, August 4, 2014

It happened

So, today was my worst nightmare coming sort of true.  I was at swimming lessons, and I get a call from Brooke.  I answer it, and it was the Unified Fire Department calling on her phone, saying that they were there with Brooke and she had a seizure while driving.  WHAT??  They said she was okay, but would need a ride home.  And could I come and get her.  Well, sure I can come and get her. 

They said that a bystander saw her, go over the curb, and helped her get the car in park.  The bystander called 911 and the fire department showed up.  Not sure how the bystander got it in park, or if she was going very fast, or how the car stopped...The bystander took her out of the car and put her on the side.  Brooke says she was in the car when she remembers the firemen.  So, that part is unclear.  She was on 3600 S and 2000 E in SLC.  I was in Bountiful and couldn't get there before 30 minutes at least.  So, they said they would take her to the fire station.  Okay,  so I left Abi with Nick and Jack at swim lessons and Andrew at Football practice and went to pick up Brooke. 

The fire department drove her car and her to the station. Soo nice. There was nothing wrong with the car.  How does that happen?  And I picked her up.  She did have a scrape or cut on her foot from some where in the car.  It was kind of a pretty good scrape.  She did have a headache on the right side of her forehead.  So that makes me think that she bumped her head.  We choose to not transport her to the hospital because they don't do anything, and she was conscious and appeared fine and the EMTs checked her out.

She was a bit upset about the incident.  She said she forgot her medicine for the past two days.  We were at a BBQ with Studderts and McKenna and Brooke went right to the sleep over site.  I hope she is telling me the truth about forgetting her meds.  She is now on 3 months no driving and she is mad.  Too bad because that's the law.  You have to be 3 mo seizure free to drive.  Not sure if that's 3 mo free on meds or not but 3 months.  So she is all about inconveniencing me and being nasty to me because that's where the buck stops in our house is the 3 month thing. I have to be the enforcer.

I really can't explain the feeling of that call because I have been waiting for it.  I thought for sure she was dead when they first told me who they were.  It really is a miracle that she wasn't on the freeway or ran into a car or a tree or a kid. We drove the car.  She only had a scratch on her foot and a bit shook up.  wow.  Not sure how come she was one to survive this time.  Grateful she is still with us.  I know God was watching over her. 





That's the worst of the injury.  She says she is a bit stiff and head hurts where I think she bumped it against the steering wheel. 











This is the extent of the damage to the car.....Miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment