Monday, September 7, 2015

Nick all stopped up




This is at lakeview
Nick has been extreme pain this week.  He has missed 4 of the 8 days we have had so far for school.  He says he doesn't feel good.  He wants to stay home from school and football.  It has been quite a week.  So, I am tired of him saying he is sick.  So off to Instacare.  Nick has missed way too much school.  We spent most of our time talking about Nick and having trouble breathing.  So he prescribed an inhaler and steroids.  He said Nick was fine to go to school tomorrow.  That eve he didn't want to go to football.  of course.  Then he is crying and can't get his breath.  I decide that maybe we need his inhaler.  We both drive to Target to pick it up.  I go in and wait for like 15 minutes while Nick is in the car.  I take the inhaler out to him and he uses it and seems better.  We get home and also use the Nebulizer that we have had since Brooke was a baby.  I was amazed that I could find it and a new set of tubing AND the medicine that was 10 years old.  So he seems okay.  Other than he missed Football.

Then, he goes to school for ONE day.  The weekend is here, and he plays football, then the same routine starts the next week.  He complains he doesn't feel well.  He does this all the time so he can stay home from school.  So, around 8:30 pm he comes up and says he threw up, and is screaming that he is in intense pain in his gut.  SCREAMING.  I didn't know what to do.  I didn't have a car.  Andrew and Abi had it.  So when they got home, an hour later, he was still screaming.  I took him to Lakeview Hospital.  They gave him Morphene, atavan (for anxiety) and something for nausea.  They
also did blood work and urine work.  The blood work came back and he had a Neutrophil count of 15 000 which should be 5 - 10 thousand.  That bothered the doc.  He suggested that we needed a CAT scan to rule out appendicitis.  So, we did that test.  He said the appendix was enlarged, but not inflamed.  Which meant it wasn't an appendicitis but could be.  (I think that is what he said)  He called Primary Childrens (since Lakeview didn't admit children) and they said to come in.  So, at 2:00 in the morning, we are driving to Primary Childrens Hospital.  I assumed to be admitted.  We are in the ER for about 90 minutes and the Doc comes in and says they had someone read the CAT scan and it looked good.  Nick was cured.  They sent us home.

I went to the Pediatrician since the hospital told me to.  She diagnosed him as being constipated and prescribed Miralax.  Then spent the next 60 minutes telling me he needed a different diet and to eat more vegetables......really.  Never thought of that.  She has just cured obesity in America.  Eat more vegetables.  That night, Nick goes into another screaming fit and carrying on.  Chilly Willy takes him back to Primary.  I thought for sure that appendicitis was acting up.  Gets there, and does an X-ray of his gut.  He has a blockage in his intestine kindof high up in his stomach area....so, they also prescribed Miralax and Ex lax to get things moving.  They thought that he could get the blockage to move on his own.  Once again he was sent home.  We both missed school this day, and decided to take Miralax and get things 'moving'.  He did get things moving.

He seems to be much better now, and everyone thinks he is crazy and doesn't want to go to school.  Is it Emotional?  His grandma asked me about 6 times.  His teacher called me also.  Which was very nice.  I appreciated it.  She wanted to check in on him to make sure she wasn't too mean to him. Nope.   He did go half day and then all day the next day.  Played football on Saturday.  So now, he seems to be cured.  He doesn't seem to like Miralax.  Too bad.  I can't wait to get this bill.  I have already paid the $200 copay for the ER.   I bet that isn't even a dent in the bill!!


He liked the remote to the TV that the sound was coming out of it


Primary Childrens.  He likes the socks they gave him

Seems to be feeling better.   Morphine does that you know!





We had to go 4 times because he was screaming soo much....variety in the IDs


iv

No comments:

Post a Comment