Sunday, March 20, 2022

I'm Ready - NOT

 


The time has finally come to get my knee surgery. I have waited and waited and waited.  I can't walk or even think about walking.   Here is the last picture of my knee BEFORE the huge incision.  I took it upside down so not sure it shows the full effect.  I'm stinking nervous.  More so than usual.



The knee is sitting straight on the bed.  They said they would straighten it out. 


I had to scrub my leg tonight in the shower and also tomorrow.  Keep those germs down


Brooke and Ty went to Gma's and got me all loaded up with supplies.  I used a bunch of them when I had my ankle surgery.  Here's the walker.   I hope I don't need to use it


Crutches that I hate.  Not sure where the furry things I got for them are.  I probably threw them away.  And the cane.  I love that cane because it stands up.  One doesn't need to pick it up off the ground.  It is just there.  

And the shower chair.  I used this for like 2 months when I had my ankle surgery.  Jack wants to know how many bare bums have been on this chair.  Well, we think about 6 unless Jack used it and didn't tell anyone and then it is 7.  


I picked up the meds today.  What a great idea to get them the day before than the day of.  

Nothing to eat or drink after midnight.  So around 11:45 pm I'll be breaking open a Diet Coke so I don't get a caffeine headache.  Insurance card - check.  Photo ID - check.  Copay - check (I think).  Driver - check.   I'm the first one tomorrow so Michelle is picking me up at 5:50 am.  I'm sure we will be early.  She says she's nervous so I don't need to be.  I'm mostly not nervous unless I think about it.  


Here's a cute pic of Abi I saw today.  Made me smile.  Miss her so much.  






No comments:

Post a Comment