Saturday, October 20, 2012

Golfing, go carts, and laser tag

So UEA break is a bit depressing because we never can go anywhere due t no money.  Not a little money, but I have NO money for trips or eating out for 3 meals a day or for lots of gas.  S we stayed home.  We went to the UEA convention on thursday because I pay $500 a year for membership in the union so I feel like I should go.  Plus they have all kinds of booths of stuff that is fun.  We got lots of candy, pencils, and bags.  Also we bought some really yummy bread and almost bought some cool jewelry.  But but no money prevented the jewelry purchase...Then we got back for football.

Friday we went to Trafalga (because we got in free with our swim passes ) and had a great time.  We rode the go carts and I was the fastest driver. I passed all the other drivers.  Jack was Sooo scared the first time.  We had to beg him to go.  Then he couldn't get enough of it.  we played two rounds of miniature golf and played laser tag.  I have never played before and it was super fun.  I'm pretty sure I was the winner of laser tag too!!

Saturday was football!!!  We played against taylorsville and lost.  Andrew got a penalty for holding in the last two minutes.   No pics his week cuz they look just like last week....

Then Jack and Nick and I decided to go golfing...we went to our favorite course in Rose Park, the par 3.  I love to go there but it was certainly a patience test for me.  Nick was pretty good...well...good enough... But jack...has to break all the rules.  Golf is a game of etiquette.  Jack has to use a driver on the putting green, shouts, and has to clean the golf balls at every hole...but other than that it was fun to be outside on a beautiful fall evening!!   I even had a coupon for golf too!! Brooke and Abi were babysitting and Andrew didn't want to come Because he was sick.

As a side note I did have to go to a faith training this am for religious leaders about domestic abuse.  (I had to go ecause the rest of the RSres was out of town ). So I was there with bishops and Relief Society  presidents.  It touched my heart to listen to theses bishops who are soo concerned with doing the right thing for their congregation.  Really.  Makes you stop and think about how fabulous the church is and how people are soo dedicated to serving.

Oh then after golf we came home and made root beer and had rootbeer floats...no wonder I'm in bed at 8:00 pm!!  and we are tending B Davis (my sisters dog) for the weekend cuz they are out of town...(they have money for trips).   Have no pics to post because my memory card was left at school in my computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment