Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Credit Score

I have thought that Facebook and other social media sites make life harder sometimes.  People only post fun things they are doing or who they are dating or fun trips they took or cool stuff they bought. Which then makes us realize just how boring, dateless or stuff less our lives are.  Or all the stuff people are doing without us.  However people never post their credit score or how much debt they have.  So I decided to write about my credit score.  Because I'm proud of my credit and wanted to post it on Facebook but thought it was a bit showy...I have a credit  score of 750!  That is great!

7 years ago I had a credit score somewhere in the 350s.  I had pages of negative accounts.  Pages and more pages.  I mean my credit score was soo low NO one would refinance my ARM loan on my home.  My interest on my house was 17 percent.  Each 6 months the rate would adjust and it kept going up and up.  I had some help getting into that financial mess.  Someone I know opened credit cards in my name and then didn't pay them.  I also owed about 10,000 to the IRS for back taxes that someone said they had paid.  I also owned a car with 100 000 miles on it and no way to replace it...and owing about $10,000 on it.

So fast forward to now.  I have NO negative accounts on my credit report.  Checked yesterday.  I owe NOTHING to the IRS and  even get a refund every year for the last few years.  I just got a home loan, a car loan (with great interest rate) and bought a couch on interest free financing and paid that before the due date!  I really amazed at how much less stress and worry I have since I don't have wierd people callin me at my house or work or coming to the door because I owe them money (that I really didn't open the acct in the first place).It was total stress.  Still, when the doorbell rings I get this sick feeling in my stomach about who is there to confront me or serve me papers for unpaid bills.  FAB feeling.  

The only people I owe now, house, two car loans, old navy, kohls and jcp.  I do owe one other credit card for $550.  That was for our trip to Moab that was super fun...And only 0.22 on my overdraft.  (it's the end of the month so the overdraft could go up....). Anyway, super proud of myself.  Such a sense of stress relief.  Freedom really comes without having lots of debt.  I really can't say what a fabulous money manager I am without also saying I'm a full tithe payer. I really think that one cannot have their financial house in order without paying their tithes and offerings  first.  (More on tithing later)

No comments:

Post a Comment