Wednesday, March 26, 2014

REAL and selling hot dogs




Abi plays on an expensive soccer team.   Forza. So, there has been a fund raiser opportunity this season.  REAL of salt lake, the professional soccer team here in SLC, has a fund raiser.  We can man the snack shacks.  So, Wendy Neff (Abi's friends mom and my friend) and I went to volunteer to sell hotdogs, beer, nachos, drinks and candy.  Yep, Abi and her friend, Tillie can't go and help because they are too young. So Wendy and I have an extra job....So, we left an hour early, and then got there to set up.  We cashiered for the entire game.  It wasn't hard but it was new so I felt flustered most of the time.  My job was to ring up the order, and take the money.  We were suppose to have a runner to fill the order but I was on the end and the runner mostly stayed in the middle so I had to fill most of my orders.  I don't really like selling beer.  I am not good at filling it without foam, and I don't like IDing people. There was one guy who I thought might be drunk.  Legally we can't sell him beer if we think he is intoxicated.  Fortunately, the lead person was standing there, and so he helped him.  He did sell the beer to him.  So, hey, that's not my doing.  We ran out of large beer cups, hot dogs and popcorn.  WHO runs out of cups? Really?  oh and we ran out of beer too.  Can't believe we had all these people there to buy beer and we run out.   I had a super nice guy helping me so it wasn't too horrible.  We cleaned up and left.  7 hours later we got home.  I was SOOOOO tired.  Really.  That night I woke  up with killer shin splints.  Not sure if that was from the REAL game or from the run I had before the game.  But I thought I was going to die.  I found out that we made about $95.  So that will go toward her soccer fees.  I think it might have been worth it for $95.  I guess we split the earnings with everyone in the stand.  I was afraid we would make $40 bucks and that's NOT worth it!   



No comments:

Post a Comment