Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

So I usually dread Mothers day.  I hate hearing talks in Church about how wonderful people's mothers are.  I know if my children talked in church and talked about their mother, they would say...hmmmmm well, she sure yells a lot.  Mothers day makes me feel soo inadequate and like I'm not as good as every other mother in the church or world.  Every other mother is put together, NOT fat, reads the scriptures and prays with her family and brings her family to Christ.  Their houses are all put together, and have lots of money so they can provide thrilling opportunities for their children like fancy vacations and ski trips and nice clothes.  Every other Mother chose a better husband so he could provide and she could stay home and be EVERYTHING.

So, I'm reading my favorite blog, from Middle aged Mormon Man this week.  He posted about mothers.  And wished everyone Happy Mother's day if you want to.  Then in parenthesis he said even if you are a mothers day hater.  And he feels sorry for you.  So, I thought about that.  Yep, Feel sorry for Mothers Day haters.  So, I'm no longer a Mothers Day hater.  I decided to LOVE it.  I LOVE getting cards from my Children, and the cute gifts that they make at School.  Or a Hug  or a "Happy Mothers Day' from them.  I really have NO other thing in my life that I LOVE as much as being  a Mother.  Really.  I know I'm not the best mother.  I don't have cute costumes for the school plays nor do I bring my children lunch at school each day like some mothers in our school do.  My children have had to get up early every day of their entire lives because I have had to work to provide for them.  If I have wanted my children to have a house and a car and food, I have had to provide it.  If they want to play baseball, I have to pay to sign them up.  But I love them soo much.  And I LOVE Mothers Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment