Thursday, October 16, 2014

Foxboro second ward....

Cover Photo


So we belong to this ward that you really can't explain to anyone.  You don't really get it until you have experienced it for a while.  Mosty testimony meeting at 1:00.  At 9:00 it isn't really much of a circus because all the autisms and weirdos are still in bed.

So one thing that was funny...

 1.  I was in relief society.  There is A sister who is about 18 or  20 and married with a baby.  We were talking about meeting at the church for temple day.  (I was conducting) she raises her hand and Says "I can drive but I only have my learners permit so someone has to go with me ....". Never heard that one from someone in Relief society.

2.  Young women's... The autisms say "I can make the sound of a dolphin without moving my lips".
 Seriously........

3.  We are in Relief Society and having Testimony meeting.  A lady who I love says about her husband,  "all he does is B@@@@ about Mormons and stuff'.  YEP that is what she said.  I was also conducting and was like 'ohhhh'.  Love her though. 

4.  I was at wolf scouts (8 year old boys) and the boy (from the 3rd ward so this doesn't count) said 'my mom just woofs down all the candy if we have any at our house'.  hahahahahahah   I don't even know her but I'm not going to tell her if I meet her!  soo funny. I really do love my Wolf Scouts!

It seems to be less weird now that we meet at 11:00.  The 1:00 was totally a trip in testimony meeting.  I also don't like to go to church because i'm the oldest one there and I feel new each week.  There is soo much turn over.  I have been here for 4 or 5 years and still each week I feel new. 

5.  I feel like we live in a singles ward. it is constantly changing. I have lived here for about 5 years and I know less and less people each week.  I could be more friendly, but people just move as fast as you say hello to them or they move even if you don't say hello...

6. One thing, is that the Smith's moved out.  She got remarried and he was a felon I think (due to not paying child support I heard....) and so they had to move.  The one autism daughter moved with the real dad when the mother got married. That was a blessing, but now the apartment complex said he couldn't live there because I think he was a felon...not that I would have a problem with that....hahah  but they took the rest of the autism kids and moved.  That is a bonus of living here, is its soo transient that the crazies move as fast as the regulars.

7.  One thing I have to say about Foxboro, is there is a lot of good people too.  Andrew needed to be Ordained a Priest and there were numerous good men to Ordain him.  He Choose Rick Bentzen who was the Young Men's leader for quite a while.  He was more than willing to do that for Andrew.  There are good men of which I am grateful.  Because how do you teach your son's to be good Priesthood holders if you don't have a good example at home.  Hope and Pray there are good examples at church...
 



No comments:

Post a Comment