Monday, January 9, 2017

Cancelled Church

I have been going to church for 50 years.  Today was a first.  During Sharing time, the Primary president came in and interrupted singing time and announced that we were leaving church early.  In fact, the parents were coming now to pick up the kiddies.  There is an Ice storm on the way.  Church was cancelled yesterday for some people I know in Centerville.  Wow.  The only other time I have known church to be cancelled was a few years ago we had a terrible wind storm that blew trees to the ground.  They cancelled my moms church, and told then to go home, eat lunch, get your work clothes on, and help clean up trees and stuff.  Ours wasn't cancelled because we have no trees where I live so we had no damage.

So we are home, after shoveling the driveway of previous ice and snow, (and after having an argument in the front yard that makes us look like trailer trash) and a car parked at gma's house (because we have a bunch of cars in the driveway) two jugs of Ice melt (20.00 worth) and Brooke not going back to Utah State tonight.  Not sure how this will play out in the morning, but we shall see.  I hate to not take it serious, then when I'm stranded someone says 'well, it isn't because you were not warned...'



No comments:

Post a Comment