Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Water heater and Air Conditioner

What could be more boring than a post titled water heater and air conditioning?  Well, they are super boring unless they go out.  We got home from Bear Lake to a leaking water heater (which now that I think about it , it has been leaking for a while) and a broken air conditioner.  One things Hot water is a priority, but that is before the air goes out and it is 100 degrees outside.

William  went to Home Depot and bought a Water heater and actually installed it himself.  We are getting pretty good after the ice maker install...Anyway, the old one was super heavy.  I couldn't even help lift it.  But it is out and he figured out how to install the new one. Viola!  Hot water again.
It was going to be over 8 days to hire someone to install it.  Yahoo.


This is the old water heater that leaked.  It was super heavy and could have been soo much worse.  Not much got on the new carpet.   New water heater installed.  Such a beautiful site!




Then amongst the water heater install, it seemed the house was getting hotter and hotter.  We had been home about 24 hours...Sure enough it got to 94 degrees in the house Saturday Night.  I had to start getting ready for 11:00 church around 7:30 am because I had to iron and shower before I started sweating...serious.  Then on the drive to church I had to sit in the car about 10 minutes before I walked in so I could dry off.


This is me sweating on my way to get the part....it was soo hot



I emailed HVAC and called them to see if they came out on Sunday or Holidays.  The next day was July 24.  She emailed me back that they could come in the am if I could wait that long.  But did we check the filter, is the air blowing outside, is it icing up?  So, William checked those things and sure enough, the outside blower wasn't on.  Youtube the problem, and everything pointed to a Capaciter

being out.  Image result for capacitor air conditioner


Capaciters are not that expensive, but they have to be shipped to you....4 days minimum at the Home Depot...called around on July 24 (holiday in Utah)  and found a store open that would sell it to Home owners.  $42.00.  Ok, I ran to pick it up.  Get there, and I know the guy working there from RSL hot dogs.  I got the part for $15.00!  even better.  So, the air conditioner is fixed for $15.00.  Much cheaper than the service call from HVAC.   But they were the ones that helped fix it anyway.  Yea for cold air.




This is me during church in  nice air conditioned primary room!


No comments:

Post a Comment