Friday, November 24, 2017

51.............

I have survived another year!  I turned 51 on the day before Thanksgiving.  It was a really great day to have a birthday because we happen to get that day off from school.  It is usually our family picture day however, with Andrew in college we didn't know if he would be home.  It was also a beautiful fall day.  We decided to go and play golf instead.  Abi, Nick and Maureen played.  Who plays golf the day before Thanksgiving?  It was a tad bit hot even.  I tried to take Nick to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch after, but he settled on Taco Bell and go home.





Then, later that night, we celebrated the big day.  Brooke got these drumsticks and had a candle so they could sing to me.  LOVE drumsticks!




Brooke also made this beautiful thoughtful sign...funny thing is it is from LAST year and Brooke made the 50 into a 51.  Way to economize.  Just my style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And the Congrats Grad above the window was from Andrew's graduation and we just changed it to say Happy Birthday!  Nothing but quality for us!!!



Abi came home from work and had Swig cookies for me.   Andrew also gave me some Oreos.  hmmm kindof a theme here.



Brooke gave me this large version of the hymn book since I am the Primary pianist and need the larger version so I can see the notes!  And these bath bombs - which are the bomb.  Can't wait to try them out while reading a good book!!!









So thoughtful of all these kiddos of mine!  ALMOST makes turning 51 worth it.  (how does someone get to be 51?)  It happened so fast.  Get up every day and next thing you know, its been 51 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment