Friday, November 28, 2014

Meet the Mormons




   
I am into posting these pics from google images on the blog....So we went to see Meet the Mormons tonight.  Nick, Brooke, and Maureen.  I had already seen it with Brooke. It is a movie about 6 different Mormons and how they live.   It was soo well done.  I absolutely loved it.  My favorite part was the first part, where they asked people in New York City about what they thought about Mormons and then showed different clips of movies where Mormons were referenced.  Soo funny.   We took Nick because he wanted to see the Navy football coach who is a Mormon.  He was one of my favorites.  

There were six different people.  The first was a Black Bishop from Georgia.  He was soooo young.  I did like him because he was a great guy, but because for once when I watch Mormon things his house was just a normal house.  When they showed it, his wall had some chipped paint and his couch had a cover on it.  The kitchen was modest.  Every time I watch some show on Mormons, their house is HUGE and nice with nice mouldings, and super fancy kitchens with granite countertops....

The others were the Navy Football coach who was terrific.  He said when he went to Navy to coach, he wouldn't hold team meetings or work on Sunday.  NEVER had that happened.  He said others could if they wanted but he was not.  He was not forcing his beliefs on anyone.  He also said that he thought that the Lord wanted them to rest on Sundays, but that didn't mean to not work hard other days.  He said he was at the office at 4:00 Monday morning.  He also said that a dude on his ward said that 'God doesn't care about Navy Football'.  (I thought that was funny...) but the coach (I can't remember his name) said that he thinks that is true to some extent, but that God does care about him and his family and Football is how he provides for his family.  Love him.  He was also a Primary teacher.  Thats fab!

My other favorite spotlight was the Missionary mom.  At first I thought I would hate her because I don't want to hear about others lives that are fabulous.  She did have a nice home. Just like all the other Mormon shows that the Church puts out.  However she did have a child at 16 and her parents were on drugs and she had a son die.  She met the missionaries and changed her life.  That part I loved.  Her son is going on a mission and he is the cutest!  really.  She was born in a trailer park.  She had a less than desirable home life and she ended up with a nice family.  

So, I loved it more the second time.  It made you feel soo warm inside.  I also thought I feel the spirit soo few times in a week.  What would it be like to be more like these people and live EVERYDAY with the Spirit of Jesus Christ.?  I also thought what if I was spotlighted....right I know....school teachers unhappily married are not in high demand to spotlight for their success...but would I be able to testify of Jesus Christ and how being a Mormon changes my life and makes me a better person?  I do think that being a Member of The Church of Jesus Christ makes me a better person.  But I certainly are no where near these people in my testimony!  

Absolutely loved this show.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I may have to see it again with Abi.  



So this pic is of Abi on the right of the dude in the blue jacket. She went and saw the movie with her young women group and Anthony was there.  He was starring in the show.!  He is soo cute. Abi is on one side, and Tillie is on the other.  Tillie is her BFF

No comments:

Post a Comment