Thursday, November 27, 2014

Turkey Trot 2014

Thanksgiving started out with the Turkey Trot.  Andrew, Abi, Brooke, and Maureen decided to run a 5K race this am.  We ran it last year with The Pearts.  They didn't join us this year.  Brooke forgot her running shoes so conveniently, I had an extra pair from my birthday last year that were brand new.  They didn't fit me and couldn't be returned...sure did like them though..It was super fun. It was in American Fork at 8:00 am.  We were the first on the start line and we were off.  I was left in the dust.  Andrew, Abi and Brooke were much faster than I.  The first mile was at the Target store.  I made it past the Target store before I had to walk.  The course was to Target, around the Cinemark, through the back of Home Depot and Walmart around their dumpster (that smelled horrible) and then up to the finish line!...I had lots of fat jogging, but not as much as I thought.  I told them to come and get me when they finished...but they didn't finish that much ahead of me!  I couldn't believe it...I was slower than last year but a few minutes...i'm older and fatter this year...

The head guy said to the first people to follow the red van (leader car) and the rest of you just follow the people in front of you.  So Brooke followed the people in front of her, and they lapped the Home Depot TWICE!  She could just cut off her time by 3 or 4 minutes if she could have followed the correct course!  Abi took second place in her division!  She finished in 28 minutes and won a Pumpkin Pie!  WOOT WOOT!  We stuck around for the raffle and Brooke and Andrew won the raffle with a Pumpkin pie and Andrew won a Turkey!  Super fun beginning to the day!  Hopefully I can post our other times when we see them posted...

UPDATE:  Abi time 28:10  2nd in her division, 35th out of the women
                   Brooke:  43:28 19th in her division...but she did have an extra lap around home depot...
                   Maureen:  47:14  10th in my division...there were only 11
                   Andrew:   39:11  11th in his division....

Andrew and Brooke in their age group had all the fast finishers in their age group.



Brooke, Maureen, Abi, Andrew

Getting ready to trot


Our shirts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment