Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Meniscus troubles



So, my knee problem has continued.  I went on the Polar Express and now it HURTS....I took a break from the gym, and thought I getting better.  It did hurt at work when I stood for a while...Then I went back to the gym..........not a good idea. That was the day after we got out of school for Christmas Vacation.  So, now it hurts bad.  I rested, iced, and ibuprofined.  Then I decided I better go back to the doc.  I made an appt on Dec 23 with my Sports Medicine Doc.  (I know thats funny for me to have a Sports Med doc, but they are soo much easier to get into than an Orthopedic Dr...)  He diagnosed that he felt a cyst that wasn't there last April when I was there.  Which meant I have a Meniscus tear.  He took an ultrasound and sure enough I have one of those.  Well, I have to see an Orthopedic Surgeon now.  Called on Dec 24, and can't even be seen til January 5.  That is TWO weeks. That is the first day back to school after the holiday.  I don't think I can make it til then.  I tried to go to Target and it was horrible.  I can sit but the walking is painful!  I hope I don't gain too much weight sitting around.

These are all the same pic, I just took a picture of what the Doc printed off for me.  Not sure if any of them are good or not...............

Not sure what we are going to do over the Holiday. I really can't walk or go downstairs. Maybe we can go to the trampoline park and I can sit there.  Or we will have to catch up on movies that I wanted to see and didn't...Maybe one a day?  Or game playing?  Not sure...







Saw the Orthopedic doc.  Yes I have to have surgery to repair the meniscus and I also have arthritis that is causing probably more of my problems in my knee.  I saw him on January 5, and had surgery on January 6, 2015.  Nice.  Michelle had to take me and it was scheduled for 7:15 AM.  She had to pick me up at 5:45 AM.  Which means she had to leave her house at 5:00 AM.  So very nice.  We were off to the surgical center.  Oh they asked me for $2600.  I needed to bring that much money with me in 23 hours.  Oh okay.  They could finance part of it if I could bring half....into 8 month payments.  That would be a payment of $270.00 a month.  Thats more than my car!



This is me, waiting for my surgery.  Compliments of Michelle
View 2015010695064820.jpg in slide show



So  I was out of surgery in about 20 minutes according to Michelle.  We stopped at the pharmacy, McDonalds, and Cafe Rio before we went home to my house.  I was soon asleep.  Michelle cleaned my house and did my dishes and mopped my floor.  SO nice.

I stayed home from school for a week.  Each day, my mother would come and pick up my kids at 7:30 am and take them to her house until school started.  She picked them up from school and brought them home.  So nice.  Oh and inbetween, she would bring me lunch around 11:00.  Cafe Rio every day!  Love it.





My sleeping bud Jack

View 2015010695064820.jpg in slide show

my cane for getting around







Click for Options     Jim took me to Target before my surgery in Grandpa's transport chair.  No wonder i have knee trouble at that capacity...

No comments:

Post a Comment