Monday, December 8, 2014

Temple Recommend

This blogpost has been a work in progress...mostly in my head.  My Temple recommend expired.  I had to go and renew it.  Really not a big deal.  All Mormons do it.   Every two years you have to be interviewed by the Bishopbric  and Stake President.  The questions are pretty straight forward, do you do your best in your efforts and support the Apostles and Prophets.  The other question that you are asked is if you are a full Tithe Payer.  YES I am a full tithe payer.  I absolutely love that question because it is 100%  You are a full tithe payer or you are not.  The other question is are you honest in all your dealings...well, thats kindof a gray area....But Tithing is NOT.  So, tithing is that commandment that I absolutely believe in.  I LIVE it.  I was not paying my tithing when things went sour for me ....see other blog for details....and decided I just couldn't do it.

My friend Lynne and Rebecca kept asking me if I was paying my tithing...wierd why they would ask me that.  No I was not.  Finally I paid it just to get them off my case.  I paid it for a few months...then I went and got my temple recommend.  We went to the temple...And when you enter the temple they say "Sister Clemons, welcome to the temple.."  Wow, I have never been happier to be at the temple than at that day. It was SOOO hard to pay.  I can remember the exact outfit, where we parked, and what happened on our way into the temple.  I went with Lynne.  I was so excited to finally be able to get to the temple.  Love feeling close to the Lord.  Love it.  So, every time I renew my recommend I am reminded of that day and how excited I was to 'Claim my blessings' in the temple.

I took a pic of my recommend and I can't figure out how come its the wrong way.  I hope I get to use  it more than a few times like the last time.   I have found that if I go during school and take the day off, it is a better time for me.  I can attend and not worry about where everyone is and who needs to be picked up.  Everyone is at school.  Everyone is taken care of.  It isn't very busy if you go on weekdays during the day which makes it even better.   I have been alone in the Celestial Room for like 45 minutes alone with only the worker.  (she fell asleep however...)  Come to the Temple to Claim your Blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment