Monday, May 25, 2015

Cemetary 2015

The annual Cemetary trip.  Spanish Fork with the folks.  We go visit Melanie usually on her birthday, Dec 4, 1963 (thats for posterity...so we know when she was born..) and on Memorial day.  We like to go on Saturday or Sunday because its not as crowded.  Nothing like a crowded cemetary.  haha. The day started with Gma and Gpa picking me up.  We wait to get to Michelle's house to get our drinks at Maverick.  Gpa is always soo generous to pay for all our stops.  He pays and gets the smallest drink.  But thats what he wanted.  We did get some nasty donuts too.

Then off to the cemetary.  Michelle cleaned off the tombstones.  We placed those mums on Melanie, Kathleen (my other sister that passed away), Helen and Madge (my dads sisters that passed away when they were like one day old), Grandpa Lewis and Grandma Lewis and Aunt June.  Sounds like we were really busy.  Nope, just Michelle.  I can't stand the sound of the shovel on the cement when she was scraping the dirt and grass clippings off.  So I had to walk away.  We take the same pics every year.  I decided its a way to just monitor our weight gain from year to year.








my older sister that died

My Oldest Sister

my grandpa, my dad's dad

my dad's sisters.  they didn't live very long

My grandma, My dad's mother

I didn't get a pic of all the windmills on Melanie's grave.  She got three.  I know she is up above saying 'how come I didn't get all that HUD all over my grave?"  well, we did the best we could.

We also stopped at Chili's for lunch on our way home.  So yummy and fun.  Cemetaries really are interesting places.  I like to look around and try to put families together.  Some people have had a life of death. (If that makes any sense.)  Lots of death.  Lots of children die.  The Spanish Fork cemetary really is pretty,  I even have a plot there for me.  I should have taken a pic of me testing out my plot.  If I got down to take it, I probably wouldn't get back up with my arthritic knee....





No comments:

Post a Comment