Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's day 2015 thoughts


can't get this to rotate
I have not been a fan of mother's day.  Its a day of guilt.  However, I have come to realize it doesn't have to be that way.  We make it a day of guilt ourselves.  I love my favorite blogger.  He says the following...

"There are Mother’s Day haters out there, who are quick to let the world know their displeasure. To them I would say:
Excuse me., ladies: You do understand that everything isn’t always about you, right?
You know that there are other women in the world who actually like Mother’s Day, and kind of enjoy being recognized for the most important thing they will do in their lives
He goes on to say

There are Mother’s Day haters out there, who are quick to let the world know their displeasure. To them I would say:
Excuse me., ladies: You do understand that everything isn’t always about you, right?
You know that there are other women in the world who actually like Mother’s Day, and kind of enjoy being recognized for the most important thing they will do in their lives?
And you understand that as you complain about it, and talk about how much you hate it, and how unfair you think it is, can cause these well-deserving mothers to enjoy their day less, right? The “plague?” Really?
Unbelievably, some in church leadership worry if they should even acknowledge the mothers at church for fear of hurting your feelings, or having you feel left out. That is just plain wrong. And wimpy.
You are emotionally stronger than that…right? Seeing someone else getting recognition for something you don’t have doesn’t really stir up thoughts of envy, and anguish…does it?  I truly hope not, because that is tragic in a wholly different way.
So, how about for the next few days we all just take a breath, bite our tongues, and let the Moms enjoy their holiday? There are 51 other weekends a year to vent.
As for me?
This Sunday, I’m going to spend some time thinking about my departed Mom, and spoil my sweet EC the very best I can."

love that.  


No comments:

Post a Comment