Sunday, September 16, 2018

Missing Teeth

Abi has been having trouble with her wisdom teeth.  Her mouth has been hurting.  She went to Jean Brown for a consult.  They are a research company that are testing after wisdom teeth drugs.  Something to do with Pain management.  So, Abi was in.  They will pay you 50.00 for a consult even if you don't qualify.  But she had 4 wisdom teeth and no health problems.  So she scheduled it for the next Friday. 

I took Abi on Friday at 5:30 am.  She had to be there at 6:00.  She got checked in, and I had to leave around 6:45 when she went in for Surgery.  She had to stay all day, and they came in and checked on her every hour and she stated what her pain was.  I was at work.  I couldn't stay.  I called and she was out of surgery around 7:07.  She was out before I even got home!  They called me around 12 and said I could pick her up at midnight.  It had something to do with when she got her first dose of medicine. 

Here she is before she went in.  She brought her homework and DVDs to watch.  She had to stay in this room for the entire day and couldn't have her cell phone or computer or Ipad.  No clocks.  Just movies on VHS or DVD. 



I called later to check and they said she was doing fine.  I couldn't talk to her due to the study.  I picked her up at midnight and she was starving so we stopped at Mcdonalds and got a smoothie and some fries.  Here she is when we got home.  She is a bit swollen. 



She went back to Dixie in the morning.  Not sure why.  I think she has been doing good.  The pain medication they gave her after I think kindof made her sick but she is on the mend now.  I think she got $250 for participating in the study in addition to the $50.00.  Plus she got her teeth out free.  


No comments:

Post a Comment