Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Room Update



I decided since I have owned three houses I needed to paint my room. I have never painted my room in any of them.  After consulting with Paula, my sister in law, I painted that white.  Polar White to be exact.


This is the old color. It is a green color that I actually LOVE.  But it is time to paint it and not have an accent wall.




.



Painting over the green wall






This is the New look for the green wall. I'm still debating about the picture arrangement but I did paint the Ikea shelf grey instead of the Black. I could buy new ones for 15.00 or I could buy primer and paint for the same price.  But they didn't have grey just black or white.



I might switch to these pictures instead also from Paula, but Brooke says it looks like a grandma.I would take down the family pictures that are on the side.

I decided that I needed to paint my dresser. I have had the same dresser since I got married.  It is an old hand me down from my mother.  I painted it black once upon a time, and decided it needed a face lift.  Paula said paint it the same color as the walls.  White is the new color to paint.





And the new dresser painted. Don't mind all the stuff on it or on the floor...I haven't been home to clean it up.  But if I didn't take it now and post it I would never do it. Not sold on the handles however.  But I love the white!




Here's the updated dresser.  I didn't like the knobs in the above picture.  I paid like 20.00 for all those pull knobs.  So I decided I liked thelong handles for the lower drawers.  I had to drill new holes for them because I couldn't find handles to fit otherwise.  I think the dresser is too old and the sizes are different.  Anyway, I had to redrill the holes and fill with wood putty and then sand and paint again.  I should have just done that from the start.  I really like the new look much better.  It was worth the extra work 

No comments:

Post a Comment