Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Our B Davis is sick

 

 Brooke calls me and says B has an eye ulcer.  Michelle just got back from the vet AND wondered if I could help Brooke tend her because Michelle was leaving out of town for the weekend. Yes I can help.

Well, it ends up that B has to have THREE different eye drops at least every 4 hours.  Or more often.  That is better.  She also has a pain med that she takes every 8 hours and some antibiotic pill that is every 24 hours.  AND another eye drop that is also 24 hours.  We had to make a chart to keep track of all of that.






Brooke missed Swiss Days with her Mother in Law and took the Thursday night shift.  We decided drops every hour would be best since more is better.  They were both tired.  





I took over Friday night.  B isn't happy with me since I'm giving her the drops all the time.





After one drop, she runs to the other end of the couch to get away from me I think.  Funny, I'm the good guy and when Michelle gets back she will be soo happy to see her when I was the one keeping her eye in good condition...:)






B is doing great so far.  LOTS of gooop from her eye.  Its a good thing I have been watching our Vet show, Dr. Pol, so I know how to take care of her and put drops in her eye.







We have had trouble getting her to drink water.  So Jack was waiting in the car with her, and I ran in Gma house for a minute and she was drinking water out of the Sacrament cup left over from Home bound visits.   I knew that is all it would take. 




This is just my brother in Law posting on Instagram.  It helped me get through the day just seeing him...I think he is at Big 5....





I got a new oven so I tried making these Lemon Squares since I haven't made them for years in my spare time in between drops for the dog.  They were pretty good.  I have missed them.  Yay for new ovens. 



No comments:

Post a Comment