Monday, November 1, 2021

Add Garage Door Opener to the List

 It seems we have had a million things replaced.  New faucet outside, Air conditioner cleaned, New Thermostat for the Air conditioner, Bathtub Resurfaced, New Car, and a New Oven.  Now I get to add a new Garage Door Opener to the List.  

Here it is.  The sensor went out and they don't make that kind anymore or something like that.  So we had to replace the entire opener.   The guy really liked our nice steel garage door.  He actually replaced it for us a few years ago when Nick backed into the door and ripped it off the tracks.  Glad he didn't say it was not a good door.

He also said that with that nice steel door, it is better to get a higher powered opener so it doesn't bend the tracks.  Fab.  He installed it and was gone before I got home from work.  Andrew talked to him.  Even better.   



Here's a pic of the opener.  Actually he said it was the Cadillac model (which is funny because I just got a cadillac) and has Wifi, camera, automatic shut after so long, and the best part....




He installed a keypad.  I have wanted a keypad since we moved in 15 years ago.


And another cool thing we found out today, after downloading the app is that we have a camera and can see in the garage.  I know garage needs to be cleaned up, but that is so cool.  If someone wants to steal some of our HUD from the garage we will know who to thank.



AND you can put it up and down from your phone.  That is cool too.  Can't wait to check my garage door every night and not have to walk down and shut it.  

Not sure it is worth 525.00 but then I remember how heavy the door was for me to open manually and yep, it was worth every penny.  



So glad I don't have to open the door by hand anymore.  


And  


Here's my garage while I am at work.  LOVE it.  I just check in periodically to see if my HUD is still there.  




No comments:

Post a Comment