Monday, April 15, 2024

Prom Answer and Billy Joel and Longest Play ever

Marlena and I go to the Pioneer Memlrial Theater at University of Utah.  We have season tickets.  When my dad died, I said I would take his place.  My friend Lynne goes with her Mother.  We have a deal, that when both our mother's die, then we will go together.  Lynne's mother is closer to dying than mine is.  

Anyway, we saw The Lehman Brothers.  It was at a different theater than usual.  It was new and it was fabulous. The seats were great and it was close to the stage.  Problem is we could hear the trax train outside sort of.  But it wasn't bad.  The show had  males in it and was thes tory of the Lehman brothers finding their way in America.  So great.  Problem is it was 3 hours and 3 minutes.  Serious.  



Look at the great set.  Really long and really good.  About 2.5 hours would have been enough.



Jack was answered to the Prom.  Kaylee Simon for the win on answering





and on Sunday night there was a show about Bily Joel and his 100 performance in Madison Square garden or somethere.  It was televised.  I LOVE Billy Joel and Piano man.  Took me right back.  Years ago, I asked my dad if he would swing by the ZCMI and get some tickts to Billy Joel in Concert on his day off.  Sure he said.  He was in line for TWO hours.  I had NO idea.  I had never done that before.  He paid and stood in line.  The best.  

The concert was cut short right in the middle of Piano Man.  It cut to the news.  So now it will be on TV again because of that.  I need to make sure and see it.  

And So It Goes is really another favorite song of mine.  It is About Love and Thorns



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJJS5ser3k0














No comments:

Post a Comment