Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I Want to Be There with them

My cousin posted this video of another cousins Wedding.  Not sure how it came about, but My dad took the video.  Someone took it to Costco and they converted it digitally somehow and then it was uploaded to Youtube and shared with us.  The year was 1974.  Movie cameras were a novelty.  My dad was the only one to have one.  I haven't seen this video of the wedding until this year, 2016.



This is the video above. (obviously).  As I watched this video, I was taken back to my childhood.  (I am also in the movie...I was 8)  These were people that I know and Love.  Some of them have passed on.  My Grandma Stella and Grandpa Fon,  Aunt Joyce, Aunt Nayon, my sister Melanie.  There were also pics of younger Uncle Bob and Uncle Dale.  And Cousins who I love.  Scott, Craig, Kris, and more.  Really, I watched this video about 4 times.  Being nostalgic.  What it made me think about though is how much I love those people.  And how much I want to be with them again.  I want to see Grandma and Grandpa again.  Miss them  They were so kind.  Aunt Nayon and Aunt Joyce have such good memories. I think that must be what it is like crossing the Veil at death.  Seeing all these people that are rooting for you on the other side!  People that were such a part of your life.  People that are kind and wonderful.  And feeling like you are 'home' when you get there!  I want to have them greet me at the Gate!

No comments:

Post a Comment