Friday, January 15, 2016

Project Bookshelf

So I have these  bookshelves.  I have had them for over 20 years.  They are brown. I didn't think much of them, except recently when I thought they were ugly.  So I decided to paint them, and if I dind't like them, then get rid of it.  There are two that match.  I only have room for one of them in the basement because part of the ceiling is low and the bookcase is too tall....random info.  So I decided to paint them white.  It took quite a bit of paint.  Here is the before pic.


Before (don't mind all the mess)


Here is the after pics.  I was going to use Chalk paint which is the new paint, but I had some white that I used.  I might paint them with chalk paint later.  Since Chalk paint is the new paint for furniture that is suppose to be fabulous!


After,  Still a bit messy, but I sure like the white better.  (I took it in the dark so the glare from the light)

I think it turned out much better!  Now when I organize and decorate it it will be sooooo nice!

Here is the pics above my bed. I am kindof impressed with it.  It is also a work in progress!!  But so far I LOVE it.


No comments:

Post a Comment