Monday, January 18, 2016

Sometimes the Lord can count on me


I have been called to be a Primary teacher. I have never been a Primary teacher.  Its kind of wierd that I have never been one.  I am a teacher by trade and I come to church each week.  I was the Primary Secretary for a few years and Loved that.  And I was in Cub Scouts.  That's the extent of my Primary service.  I have substituted a few times however.  I always thought I would say no to primary.  I work with children all week, so I am NOT working with them on Sundays...however, I said yes.  I have a great partner and I think it will be fun.  We are teaching the 5 year olds.  Not much cuter than 5 year olds.  We will have the Bishops son, Jack and the First Counselor's son, Connor, and the other Counselor's Daughter, Danika.  Not sure why they choose me, other than I am there every week.  I guess an old crusty body that shows up is better than a young, sleek body that doesn't...they had trouble with their teachers not showing up.

I thought when I went in the office, I thought they were calling me to Camp Director.  I guess I was soo relieved that I decided to say yes so I wouldn't have to plan camp!





No comments:

Post a Comment