Monday, August 1, 2016

The rest of the New Carpet...finally


We decided it was time to replace the upstairs carpet.  The carpet installers were coming on Friday. However, Chili willy decided to go to the hospital on Sunday to Wed...so that left two days and only the rest of us to do the moving and tear out....So, we bit the bullet and moved all the furniture and tear out in one day so we could get it installed on time.  Otherwise the mess would have been around all weekend and we would have been up all night anyway..

this is an example of the old carpet.  Embarrassing really...

Old Carpet

/Brooke and Jack




I was cleaning out a closet, and found an old ashtray that I got from Aunt June that I inherited somehow.  So, while throwing it away, I dropped it.  When I was picking up the pieces, I sliced my finger...It wouldn't stop bleeding...and I couldn't find a bandaid.  It was our only mishap.  Other than total exhaustion and sore backs and hands (from pulling out the staples).











Finally, bleeding stopped...thats the extent of the injury...

besides tear out, we had to remove a million staples from the floor from the last install of the pad.  Jack was so great at taking them out.


Brooke and I did almost all of the tear out.  She was a trooper.  We cut it for a while, then just decided it was easier to just roll it and take it outside in one piece.  Cutting takes a long time.  She didn't think I was even helping move the carpet because it was soo heavy.  But it worked and we got it all out on the lawn...


Andrew could only help for about an hour.  Due to needing to be in bed for football.  He did help move the couch out and tear out the living room.


Nick helped too, he was good at staple removal. It did take about an hour and a half with 4 of us working to remove all the nails.  This was at midnight...




This was my hair when we were working after I had sweated for about 8 hours..


After tear out was finished.....refreshment at 2;00 am...









We were successful.  Finished the tear out and staple removal by 2:00 am, Carpet installer showed up at 8:00 am and we were ready.  I was quite impressed that we did it!




Here is a pic of the new carpet.  We are not back together yet...But LOVE new carpet.  Feels soo good on your feet.  These pictures are not the best. Still practicing with my new phone.


This is the new carpet after the sale on cookies at Smiths...for Primary of course.









No comments:

Post a Comment