Tuesday, December 12, 2017

My Colon -

Well, its that time in my life.  I have turned 50.  Actually I am 51.  I have needed a colonoscopy for an entire year.  I have rescheduled it about 8 times because I couldn't get someone to take me.....or it was too busy or it was summertime.   I even made time to take Marlena to hers.  Finally, Dec 7 I made time and Michelle volunteered to drive me home.

Two days before at 7:00 you stop eating.  Then, at noon the next day you take FOUR of these pills (laxatives)  Then at 5:00 you mix an entire bottle of Miralax into 2 bottles of gatorade.  And drink a glass every half hour.  Then 5 hours before your test you drink another 2 glasses.  My test was scheduled for 7:00 in the am so I had to get up at 3:30 about and drink the other two glasses.  The process cleared you right out!!  It wasn't that bad, but I didn't plan on going anywhere.

Michelle picked me up and drove me.  They gave me this fabulous drug and it was very slick.  They take you back and before you know it, you are out.  And about 15 minutes later you walk out.  I felt great.  We went to Costco, Target and then to lunch of course.  I would rather have a colonoscopy than go to work.



There is a downside...I did have two polyps removed.  They were pre cancerous or something like that so I only got cleared for 5 years!!!! dang...






No comments:

Post a Comment