Thursday, October 11, 2018

She is really staying...

Brooke is still in Florida.  She decided she didn't like being without her car. We didn't know what to do with it, sell it, or just leave it.  We thought about driving it to Florida but it was too last minute if the car broke down on the road and we were delayed she would be late to school.  She decided to ship it to her.  It was suppose to be picked up on Wednesday night.  I rushed home from work, and tried to start it because we told them it was running.  The car didn't start.  Now what?  They were suppose to be there in 30 minutes.

I called Cory, the home teacher, and he came over and jumped the car for me.  I don't know how to jump a car (and I don't know what happened to the jumper cables).  He  said he could come over after work...Brooke called the driver and he said they were detained due to being stuck in a snow storm.  Yahoo.  So, I waited for Cory, and he jumped it and I took it to Autozone.  They tested the battery and sure enough, the battery came up bad.  Time for a new battery.


So 185.00 later she has a new battery.  I like it when it is a new battery, because it is an easy fix.  Autozone put the battery in and we were good to go.  Glad that they were delayed so we could get that fixed.

Finally they next day they came.  They were from Georgia.  It was a HUGE trailer thing on my little street  I'm sure my neighbors thought I was getting my car repossessed.  Which is really more my style...I have had my car repossessed so I know all about it.









It was pitch dark and I was afraid they would dump the car right off but they didn't  They took a ton of pictures and were very thorough.  Brooke has to have cash as payment when the car gets there around Sunday.
















I took a few pictures to show what the car looked like.

I did load it up with her stuff that she couldn't take with her.  The rest of her clothes, blankets, hangers, cow costume so she can match her dad (haha...see other post) , and some food that I could send that would last to Florida.  This is the stuff she left I had to put in her car.




Brooke said she is kindof sad because it means she really won't be back in Utah for a while.  Nope.  I miss her.  Gotta follow your dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment