Sunday, January 20, 2019

24 years - That's a Wrap




Today I found out that my divorce is final.  After 24 years of marriage, that's it.  It is just over.  Well, it has been over for the last 12 years.   It is kind of a weird feeling.  I have to remind myself that I am now divorced because he has been gone for about 18 months.  I have not seen him since my dad's funeral in July.

Its a weird feeling to be Old, Fat, Divorced, School teacher.  That is exactly everything I never wanted to be.  I am relieved that it is final and it went smoothly.  We didn't fight.   In fact, Chili Willi didn't even contest anything.  He did the divorce classes and just accepted whatever I had in the paperwork.  He was ok with visitation which was standard.  He hasn't seen them since the funeral either.  I think that is sad on his part actually.

So, it cost me 650.00.  I thought that was a bargain.   I did most of it myself.  No one gets married to get divorced.  I am glad that No one made me feel bad about it, and NO one ever said that I made the wrong decision to marry him.  It leaves me a bit empty inside.

Here I am leaving the courthouse with my final paperwork.  All $13.00 worth.  My paperwork was 13 pages and my friend was over 30 so it was minimal.






After the courthouse, I got take out from Cafe Rio to celebrate.  My favorite meal was on special.  



Then, later that night, Brooke's friend Ty, (from the zoo) came by and brought me this to celebrate.  All my favorite things.  Red Vines, Diet Coke and Red Lobster.  He even gave me a hug.  SO nice.


On a side note, I have been on this decluttering journey.  2018 things in 2018.  I didn't make it but I decided to keep going.  Here's my chart Before the divorce and here's the chart after.  I included him in the decluttering.  :)  He was worth 300 items.






Here's to my new life.  I have to hope and pray that there are more great things to come.



1 comment:

  1. You have got this! You are beautiful and strong and courageous and the best mama to your kids and faithful and committed. I am SO honored to call you MY Mo! Heavenly Father is proud of you. I am proud of you. You should be so proud of you! None of this is a reflection on you! I love you so big!

    ReplyDelete