Saturday, January 5, 2019

I did it- with ONE day to spare

Yes, I did something right. I just finished reading the Book of Mormon for the challenge given from President Nelson in the Women's conference.  I think it was like 90 days.  I got TWO weeks behind at one time, and started late.  However, I thought well, I am two weeks ahead of where I would be if I didn't start.  So, I forged onward and decided I liked listening and following along better than just reading because I would get side tracked.  I also listened in the car while out Christmas shopping.






Here is where the challenge came from.

My dear sisters, you may remember that during the October general conference, I extended four invitations to you:
1. Participate in a 10-day fast from social media and any other media that bring negative and impure thoughts to your mind.
2. Read the Book of Mormon by the end of 2018.
3. Establish a pattern of regular temple attendance.
4. Participate fully in Relief Society.
I hope that each of these invitations has brought you closer to the Savior. If you have struggled with any of them, please don’t be hard on yourself. You can start today. The Lord is happy with any effort we make to draw closer to Him.
I promise that as you prayerfully study the Book of Mormon, the heavens will open for you. The Lord will bless you with increased inspiration and revelation.
As we begin our home-centered, Church-supported curriculum in 2019, you sisters are a key to the success of this new, balanced, and coordinated gospel-teaching effort. Please teach those whom you love what you are learning from the scriptures. Teach them how to turn to the Savior for His healing and cleansing power when they sin. And teach them how to draw upon His strengthening power every day of their lives.
I am eager to hear about what you have learned as you have focused on these four invitations. I invite you to please leave me a comment below about your experiences.


I forgot that he challenged us to do the social media fast. I also did that.  I didn't establish a regular pattern of temple attendance, but I did go a few times, which was better than I have been doing.  I didn't participate fully in Relief Society. I'm in Primary so I don't get to RS.  I'm kind of proud of myself.  I learned a lot and I am thinking of reading the Book of Mormon again at the same rate.

It says the Lord will bless you with increased inspiration and revelation....not sure that happened. I don't always do the right thing or say the right thing.,But if I want inspiration and revelation I better do it if he promised that

No comments:

Post a Comment