Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I Love Fathers Day

A few weeks ago our Bishop said his favorite holiday was Father's day.  I didn't think anything of it other than that was so sweet.  He does have some of my favorite primary children at his house...

Then Father's Day rolls around. I was thinking this would be a great holiday.  I don't know where my children's Dad is, so off the hook there.  Asked them if they wanted to get a card and mail it.  No they said.  (Nick did say that Jack could put in his card to Chili Willi..."FU dad" which is what he said to Chili when he gave him a pink basketball for Christmas...)

My own dad died last summer so I'm off the hook for needing a gift or card or doing his yard work.  I did have to practice the Piano so the Primary kids could sing in Sacrament meeting.

Then I get all these messages.



Brooke sent me this



Andrew tells me he tells everyone he has the best mother ever.  Not like all the time he says but he tells them that. (I have NEVER said that about my mother)

I have wondered if anyone notices that I do have the roll of both parents and almost always have.  I can't say all the time, but mostly.  I did pass on the Father's day treats at Church.  I thought that would be a bit much...:)

 I'm with our Bishop.  Father's Day is my favorite holiday too! 

Andrew is here visiting and he decided he would go with me to the Concerts in Layton on Sunday evening.  We picked up Nick from Lagoon and went.  It was Blue Grass music.  Went home to Salsa chicken that had been cooking all day.  I never knew Father's day would be so great.




No comments:

Post a Comment