Monday, February 22, 2021

Death Valley

 So, spent the weekend on a road trip.  I was on my way to Death Valley to play golf.  I went with a friend who has a golf group.  There were a total of 12 people and we were meeting in Death Valley to play golf.  So a few of us went through Tonopah, NV the first day.  We Stayed at the Tonopah Station.  I can say it isn't as bad as it looks.  Room was clean and the food was ok.  




We all caravaned in the morning to Death Valley.  


This was the scenery that I saw on the way.  It was a beautiful desert terrain the entire way.  And don't run low on gas, because there isn't really anywhere to get gas for over 100 miles.  



We arrived in Death Valley for our golf Tee time at 11:00.  This is my new hat.  All the ladies bought new pink hats.  


Golf course in the middle of no where looked like this.  


Thats my golf friend, Barb in the back of me.  







There is a coyote under that tree...




That is a different coyote.  Someone said the second day that it was a fox...not sure, but different wildlife than we usually see on the course.  


Super cool course.  It is the lowest Golf Course on Earth and it also said it is rated in the top 50 most difficult courses. I don't think so because I didn't think it was that hard.  It was all flat.  It might be the most difficult because it is lower than sea level and so the air is thicker and your drives go shorter.  Not sure though.  



Did some sight seeing and this is a borax mine that is abandoned.  




Temperature was soo nice.  Perfect weather for golf or anything else.  






The golf group Not sure why I'm over there, except the Bush is in my way 



Here are the ladies in their matching hats




This was the Devil's golf course.  It is super cool formations of salt crystals.   I about fell down trying to keep ahold of my new hat that blew away!

Super fun trip.  People are talking about scheduling for next year. I'm all in.  I hate people to find out about Death Valley and the golf because it was absolutely fabulous.  

AND the highlight was visiting ABI in St George for a few minutes.  Brought her and Brody a Maverick drink.  Love to see Abi always!  oh and Love to see Brody too.

1 comment: