Friday, February 4, 2022

Fix It Woman

 

So the washer clasp broke.  I ordered another one from the appliance repair people and waited 10 days for the part to get here.  I replaced it and it worked mostly good.  Then it didn't shut again   I decided it was the part on the washer NOT the clasp.  I watched a youtube video and thought that maybe I could fix that too.  The washer is on its last leg.  It is leaking and doesn't sound stellar when it runs so I'm not putting money into it  
But if I could buy another 6 months or 4 months or two weeks it might be worth it.  



I think the problem was that we broke the bottom of this piece.  So I ordered the part.  Fun fact order from Amazon not the appliance center because it comes in two days NOT 9 days like the clasp did.  



Watched a Youtube video and the tricky part was getting the rubber thing off the washer.  You had to get the spring and wire part off.  I did it!  I followed the instructions with the needle nose pliers and it came right off.  




I unplugged the part and plugged in the new one and installed it.  Screwed it in AND even figured out how to put the rubber thing back and the wire part to make it stick. I was rather impressed.  









Shut the washer door and broke the clasp off. Good thing the new part came with a new one so I replaced it and it shut.  

After careful consideration, I think it is door itself that is coming off so it offset the clasp.  We have to hold up the door and shut it before it will clasp.  

But I did it!  We caught up on the laundry and so that was worth the 20.00 part.  






Then I found this lovely cross stitch I made when I think Andrew was born.  He didn't want it now so guess it goes to the garbage.  I can cross this off on my chart.  I actually have 3 of them.  One for Brooke, Andrew and Abi.  I never finished Abi's.  I guess I had too much going on with three children to finish it.  But now I can cross off THREE more boxes on my chart.  No one wants a cross stitch and especially a cross stitch someone else stitched.  :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment