Saturday, February 17, 2024

Death Valley

 Went to the Death Valley again!  Love it.  The first night we stayed in Tonopah, NV which is my favorite city. It is this dump of a city but it is in the boondocks of Nevada. But it is only about 90 minutes from Death Valley.  Stayed at the Dream Hotel.  The guy working there is the cleaner, laundry person and check in clerk.  He gave me the rate of 58.00.  Seriously it was worth about 58 but it was clean mostly.


Could have stayed at the Clown Motel.  Seriously it was like $120 There is also a cemetary outside the clown motel.  What a weird thing in Tonopah in the middle of no where.  



Headed to death valley for some golf. This was the scenery on the way over. 



Made it to the Furnace Creek Golf Course.  It is really beautiful.  It is green which is wierd in the middle of the hottest place on Earth.  It is a natural spring that waters the lawns and provides water for the hotels and stores.  






The Lawn was a bit not in good shape right here, but look at the cool trees. I think they were a kind of Cedar tree.  


I look like I'm a 100 years old. 


Love the desert motif for the holes






Those are my buds we were golfing with.  That's Lynne and Sandra




Some hikes they had posted for reference for next time.








After golf went and checked out the sites. I had to sit in the back of the Van cuz I'm the most agile.  




Look at that cool tree.  



Had a great time, drove all the way home the last day.  10 hours.  Didn't even stop in Wendover for some gambling.







No comments:

Post a Comment