Sunday, July 20, 2014

Rainstorm

Today it rained.  A downpour.  I was driving on the Legacy parkway.  It has lots of weeds.  Its suppose to be like a natural habitat of the early Utah...Well, the beauty of having lots of weeks and rain is the smell!  Yum  it smells like wet weeds.  And it is only until the weeks are wet that they stop smelling.  Well, I LOVE that smell.  It reminds me of my Grandpa fon and Grandma Stella's farm in Delta Utah.  It smells just like that on their farm.  Brings me back to their farm every time it rains and that weed smell.  It just takes me back to visiting them and the farm.  I remember feeding the cows and gathering the eggs.  And Tractor rides.  Grandpa was ready at any time to take us out on a tractor ride or let us drive in the fields.  You know that he was thinking 'oh these city slickers coming down and insisting on going with me to do the chores.  It would be soo much faster if I just went alone."  But NO.  Never did he say that.  In fact, he acted like he loved our help feeding and watering the cows.  He never yelled if we made a mistake and spilled the chicken feed or didn't quite get the hay far enough in the cow pen.  He also never complained about going on ONE more tractor ride. 

We played cards at night and Grandma Stella LOVED to lose.  She LOVED to get the sister.  (that would be the queen of spades in hearts and gave her 13 points.) We liked Aunt Joyce's Shrimp salad.  So when we would come visit grandma she had shrimp, and green onions and everything we needed to make our salad.  She loved to shop.  We shopped at Nordstrom, ZCMI, and the White House. I felt bad that she died before we had Target or Costco.  I think she would have LOVED shopping at Target.  She was soo kind also.  She would sleep with her door wide open.  I told her I was scared to have that door WIDE open at night.  A boogie man would come in.  NOPE she said, no one comes around here at night. Well, then, Grandma slept on the side of the bed closes to the door....hahah  Loved reminiscing about them tonight.  Miss them both so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment