Saturday, July 26, 2014

REAL Hot dogs and Beer


This year, Abi's soccer people have a fund raiser.  We can work for RSL selling consessions.  FORZA has contracted out 3 consession stands to work or volunteer as they call it.  So, my friend Wendy Neff and I have been volunteering to pay for our daughter's soccer. Kindof ironic that we are doing the fundraiser and our girls are not. but they have to be 16 years old.  bummer.  So, we have to arrive like 90 minutes before game time, to get our stand ready.  We have to get out the popcorn, cook hot dogs and stock beer cups.  We open about 60 minutes before game time.  It has been super hot behind the counters and I'm constantly sweating.  Its hard work.  I come home and my feet are killing me and I'm soo tired that I can't sleep.  AND I stink like sweat and beer and food.  My favorite part is the beer pouring.  Beer is easy, and expensive.  Beer drinkers are there for fun, and so they are mostly in a good mood.  They are the only ones that tip us.  We have been about 10 times this season and are trying to get more days in.  We split the profit with everyone in the stands so we make different amounts each time.  But I have met some interesting people and its fun to be at the REAL stadium even if we can't watch the game.  We do have a TV but we are usually super busy. 

I'm trying to minimize the amount I have to pay for Abi.  We did get a scholarship for her because we are low income....for $300 that covered registration fees.  I had to pay $40 for the rest of registration.  Now, hopefully I can cover the rest of the fees with the REAL money. 

I don't have a picture because I don't take my camera in.  but I'll try to have Wendy take a pic of me sometime to show how attractive we look in our visors and shirts behind the counter selling nachos and hot dogs!  I would never have done this if I didn't think Abi's soccer was important for her.  It is a great extra curricular activity that keeps her fit and associating with nice girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment