Thursday, July 5, 2018

Car Trouble and a New Dishwasher

June was very expensive.  I was driving around one night, and thought my car was making a funny noise.  Oh I can get it checked out in a week on Friday.  Well, it kept making this noise, then got worse, and I noticed that the RPMs were very high.   Then it wasn't working at all.  The car would be on, but not go.  We almost got stuck in the Del Taco Drive through.  I had to just gun it to get out.  I finally made it home.  It definitely needed to go to the shop.  NOT in a week.  I thought I will call a tow truck in the am.  We didn't have summer school, but we were suppose to go to the school to work.  I decided I wanted it to be over, so I drove it.  It was super scarry to drive to the shop!  I mean, so scarry.  Every time I had to stop was frightening that I wouldn't start going again. I had two very busy intersections that I was petrified to go through.  THEN I get to the last left turn into the shop and a guy turns right in front of me!  I get stuck half way up the driveway to the shop.!  The nice guy was out side and came over and talked to me and said to leave it.  (really?  it won't go..)  He was surprised that I made it.  Me too.  It was a HORRIBLE.!  I mean I have PTSD just driving up there and just driving in!  The Worst part....I got a call and it was the transmission.  $3500. WHAT?  My heart stopped....The guy asked if I was still there....hardly I'm about to die.  Is my car worth that?  He said yes....ok.  The other part is that I wouldn't get it back until the END of the next week...grrr.

I was very lucky that I had  my friend going to summer school.  So Abi would drop me off at her house and she would drive me to school and back.  So Nice.  I had to borrow my mom's car too just to get people places.  I was really glad to get my car back even after 3500....





THEN, last December, my dishwasher broke.  I am not sure what was wrong, but it wouldn't turn on.  I could call a repairman, but that would be at least 100.00 to just come out and see what was wrong, and then the repair.  It is a 10 year old dishwasher and my friend that lives near me had to replace hers recently.  Our houses were built around the same time by the same people...so Decided to NOT fix it and get a new one.  Problem is, I don't have any money...each month I had more expenses than I had money.  We have been without a dishwasher for SEVEN months.  WAY too long.  Actually, I did have the money, but couldn't find time to get it installed with going with Abi to golf and Summer school.  I didn't feel like I could take the day off for the dishwasher when I was already missing so much school to go watch Abi.!  (which I wanted to do more than get a dishwasher)  

So, finally the day came!  They were coming.!  I moved out the stuff under the sink about an hour before they were to come.  Low and behold there was a LEAK....they showed up and wouldn't install it if there was a leak.  WHAT?  so, they dropped it off and I had to get it fixed then call them for redelivery.  

Tried to find a plumber...texted my friend who suggested one, then my other friend got back to me and said her plumber was her husband...and she would send him over.  Ok.  So, he came over, said it was this pipe and he had one at home and would be back.  He came back, and fixed it.  It took about that long!  I did need to get a different part because he thought it would be better but it certainly would have be ok for an install.  So, tomorrow is the day.  Here's hoping for a smooth process,  can't wait to wash dishes.  Now who says that?



AND here is the new dishwasher!!  Yahoo.  Doing my first load...it takes 2.5 hours for a load..that seems like a lot but SOOOO excited to wash dishes now.




On another note, my favorite place to shop is or new store, Lee's.  The produce is fantastic and the produce manager always seems to talk to me and tell me how fabulous the produce is.  He  has no kids.  I found that out on father's day...so here's to shopping the produce.  LOVE having fresh produce.





Nick and I needed to shop for something...can't remember.  But with Nick we seem to end up at Buffalo Wild Wings...It was pretty good. I  just wish we didn't need the Onion rings too.   They were good however.  It is fun to bond with Nick.




No comments:

Post a Comment